Kate's Pumpkin Soup Recipe
The temperature has dropped and that means it's Soup Season! Kate's Pumpkin Soup Recipe uses ingredients available in our Farm Shop with a few fancy twists added... Masterchef here we come. It's the next best thing to having your own in-home chef.
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled & roughly cubed
- 2 carrots, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 litre of veggie stock *
- 3 tbsp 4 Real yoghurt or Fromage Blanc
- Chives, Parsley or herbs of your choice
- 1 tbsp pepitas, toasted - optional
Saute onions in butter/oil until soft.
Add carrots & pumpkin and stock.
Cook for 25mins until veggies are tender.
Blend until smooth.
Top with chopped herbs, yoghurt and toasted pepitas.
*adjust the amount of stock to the required consistency of soup that you like
To create an Asian Style Soup add ½ cup of coconut cream, a small piece of ginger, fresh chilli and lemongrass and top with coriander