Sweet Corn Salsa - your summery, tasty, healthy snack or salad.
Who doesn't love salsa? This sweet corn salsa is light fresh - packed with local veggies - and perfect for summer BBQs. Also works perfectly as a side salad to nearly any dish. This is farm to fork eating at its best - or is that farm to corn chip?
Totally moreish, also guilt free. Also a great gluten free option when paired with gluten free corn chips.
4 cobs Kalfresh Vegetables fresh sweet corn
6 Oh Sweet Baby baby capsicums
1 small Kalfresh Vegetables red onion finely diced
½ bunch Riverdale Herbs coriander
Rathlogan Grove Olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 tsp chipotle seasoning or Mexican spices
- Cook the Corn gently. Try our easy microwave method: Place corn cobs in microwave with their husks on and cook on high for 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and discard husks and silks, be careful the cobs will be hot. The husks and silks should come off easily and the kernels should be yellow gold (not light coloured). Holding the corn upright slice off the kernels into a bowl moving around the corn kernel as you go.
- Slice the baby capsicums in half lengthways and then slice across in thin strips. Remove seeds where necessary. Chop coriander roughly (not too fine it needs to have a leafy feel). Add baby capsicums, red onion and coriander to the corn bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste and chipotle seasoning in a small bowl. Dress the corn salsa and stir to combine well.
- Serve immediately with any main dish or as a dip with corn chips. This salsa can be kept for 2 days covered in the fridge.
- Optional: for extra flair and colour, add finger lime pearls (fresh or frozen) for garnish just prior to serving.