Want to know the secrets of superstar chefs Josh Lopez and Richard Ousby? Now you can. And the wins keep coming because flavour fans can now create their signature dishes using the exact ingredients they use, direct from the growers via the Scenic Rim Farm Box. There’s also a video of each chef creating the dishes to ensure success, and of course, each is wine-matched!
Launched three months ago and from the Eat Local Week team, the Scenic Rim Farm Box (SRFB) delivers fresh produce, products and locally produced wine and beer direct from the farms, vineyards and vats of the Scenic Rim, to people’s front doorsteps all over South East Queensland. A celebration of Scenic Rim farmers and flavours, SRFB is a permanent offer, opening new and exciting direct connections between growers/producers and customers, meaning foodies can eat local EVERY week. And yes, the SRFB is fully customisable!
ENTER CHEFS JOSH LOPEZ AND RICHARD OUSBY.
Already ambassadors for flavours of the Scenic Rim, both chefs jumped at the opportunity to create a signature Scenic Rim Farm Box.
Chef Josh Lopez is the owner of The Wolfe in East Brisbane and prior to that headed up the multi-award winning GoMA restaurant. Chef Richard Ousby was formerly Executive Chef at the acclaimed Stokehouse (Melbourne and Brisbane) and now calls the kitchens at The Overflow Estate 1895 home. Both have spent more than considerable time in the Scenic Rim working with farmers and growers and are enormous supporters of the eat local mantra.
WHEN DO THEY DROP?? The Josh Lopez Scenic Rim Farm Box is released on FRIDAY JULY 24, and the Richard Ousby Farm Box on FRIDAY AUGUST 7. Each box is designed for TWO people, more information at www.scenicrimfarmbox.com.au
Release date: Friday 24 July for home deliveries on 30, 31st July & 1 August
Inside the box are the ingredients and recipes to make a delicious main and a spectacular dessert with Josh’s signature flair:
- Beef Cheek, Ricotta, Beetroot, Carrots, Herbs
- And for dessert Towri Salt Bush Sheep Cheese, Rhubarb, Macadamia, Lavender.
- The dishes are matched with Witches Falls wines – the Witches Falls Prophecy Syrah for main, and Late Harvest Viogner for dessert.
- Includes a video, recipes, and all ingredients, 2 bottles of wine, delivery and a complimentary wine tasting at Witches Falls Wines – $185
Release date: Friday 7 August for home deliveries 13, 14,15 August
**delivered in time for your long weekend - plan a night in, or have the day to prepare for your special meal!
Inside the box are the ingredients and recipes to create several dishes you can have together or separately -
- Potato Gnocchi with a carrot reduction & honey roasted pecans
- Tomahawk Steak finished with a brown butter sauce
- The dishes are matched with The Overflow Estate 1895 Montepulciano
- Includes a video, recipes, and all ingredients, bottle of wine, and a complimentary wine tasting for The Overflow Estate 1895– $145
OR …. BUY BOTH for $300 (delivered a fortnight apart) saving $30, plus FREE delivery on both deliveries.
The Scenic Rim Farm Shop takes orders every FRIDAY from 3pm for the following week and delivers to Brisbane, Ipswich, Redlands, Logan, Gold Coast and all over the region! The actual Scenic Rim Farm Boxes are hand-made wooden, branded boxes, created by Mick & Owie from Boonah’s Ozline Timbers. Yes, you can keep yours for a small price.